Registration for MIX 2018 opens October 2, 2017
*New for 2018*
- All deadlines that were 14 days prior to an event previously will now be 21 days prior to the event.
- The Early Price deadline will now be 35 days prior to the event (previously 30).
- Due to exceedingly high demand, deposits for some MIX events are non-refundable. Events identified and details explained below.
Full 2018 MIX Registration & Payment Policy
Deadlines & Payment Options
- All deadlines stated are based on arrival or online processing dates, NOT postmark dates.
- Credit Card – MIX accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
- Mail Check – Selecting this option in online registration will register your space and hold it for 7 calendar days pending the arrival of a check to pay the required deposits. If a check is not received, space will be released.
High Demand Events
- Certain MIX events consistently have exceedingly high demand and fill up very early. In an effort to maximize the use of space at these events they will be designated as “High Demand” and certain portions of the MIX registration policy will be different for these events.
- Deposits for High Demand events are non-refundable, non-transferable (to other churches or events), and will not be applied to the remaining balance of the group for any space registered and then released by the group.
- Full Payment and Late Fee provisions of the MIX registration policy will apply to all MIX events (including High Demand events) in the same way as described below.
- Groups registering for High Demand events will not be allowed to transfer to other MIX events.
- For 2018, High Demand MIX events are: IN, MO1.
- For all MIX events: A deposit of $50 per person must be paid to register space at a MIX event. Space will be held for a maximum of 7 days using the “Mail Check” option discussed above, but will be released if no deposit is received in that time.
- For all MIX events: The $50 deposit is part of the total price of the event.
- For all MIX events not designated as High Demand: Deposits are refundable until 60 days prior to the beginning of the event. Refunds will be applied to the pending group balance for space cancelled 60 or more days prior to the start of the event.
- Deposits for HIGH DEMAND events: Deposits are non-refundable and cannot be applied to the group balance or transferred (to other churches or events) at any time.
- For all MIX events: Less than 60 days prior to the start of the event, deposits are non-refundable, cannot be applied to the group balance or transferred to another group. The group is welcome to fill the vacated spot(s) with someone else from their church.
- See MIX website for specific event pricing.
- The Early Registration price for each event applies to all persons registered at least 35 days prior to the start of that event.
- Everyone registered less than 35 days prior to the start of the event will pay the Regular Registration price for that event, which is $35 more than the Early Registration price.
- Anyone registered less than 21 days prior to the start of the event will pay the Regular Registration price plus the Late Fee of $25/person (see Late Fees section below) – a total of $60 more than the Early Registration price.
- Pricing is handled on a per registrant basis, additions to a group will pay the current price based on when the addition to the group is made.
- Unless stated otherwise on the event page or in the registration system, event pricing includes 4 nights lodging, 9 meals and programming for the week.
- Groups are welcome to add additional people for a MIX event as long as space is available. The price for the additional registrant(s) will be based on when the addition is made.
- Additions can be made through the same online system that you used to process the initial registration. When adding to your group, only list the number of additions you are making, not the new group totals.
- Additions can only be made by submitting a deposit (or full payment) for each additional person the group intends to bring (Mail Check option and terms still apply).
- Full payment for all attendees registered with each group is due 21 days prior to the event they will attend (referred to as the 21-day deadline).
- Groups are responsible for the full cost of all space not cancelled by 21 days prior to the start of the event they will attend – whether the full amount has been paid yet or not, balances due with Late Fees will be invoiced to the church.
- No refunds will be given for space cancelled less than 21 days prior to the start of the event.
- Late Fees apply for balances not paid in full by the 21-day deadline.
- CIY reserves the right to refuse admittance to the MIX event if the balance is not paid in full (including any applicable Late Fees) by the time the group arrives at the event.
- A Late Fee of $25/person will be added to the balance of the group for each registrant (individual) not paid in full at least 21 days prior to the start of the event.
- If only deposits have been paid when the 21 day deadline passes, the Late Fee will be assessed to everyone in the group.
- For groups that have paid more than their deposits, but have a balance remaining, one Late Fee ($25) will be added for every $250 that is still owed.
- The total Late Fees cannot exceed $25 x the number of people registered with the group as of 21 days prior to the start of the event.
- For all MIX events not identified as HIGH DEMAND: Groups that must cancel part or all of their registration and do so 60 or more days prior to the start of the MIX event will receive a full refund. Funds paid will be applied to the pending group balance in the case of a group reducing their total number for the event. A refund will be sent to the church in the case of a group that must cancel entirely and does so at least 60 days prior to the start of the event.
- For HIGH DEMAND events: Groups that must cancel part or all of their registration at least 21 days prior to the start of the event will forfeit the $50/person deposit – this means the deposit(s) will not be refunded, applied to the group balance or transferred to another group or event. Any amount in addition to the deposit that has been paid will be refunded or applied to the balance of the group.
- For all MIX events: Groups that must cancel part or all of their registration less than 60 days, but at least 21 days prior the start of the MIX event will forfeit the $50/person deposit – this means the deposit(s) will not be refunded, applied to the group balance or transferred to another group or event. Any amount in addition to the deposit that has been paid will be refunded or applied to the balance of the group.
- For all MIX events: Groups that must cancel part or all of their registration less than 21 days prior to the start of the MIX event will receive no refunds for space cancelled – funds cannot be applied to the remaining group balance or transferred to another group or event. Balances due will remain payable including applicable Late Fees.
- When a MIX event reaches capacity, a waiting list will be made available via the online registration system.
- If space opens at the event, groups having held space on the waiting list first will have the first opportunity to fill open spots at the event.
- Persons wishing to register for a full MIX event should complete the online registration process and will be put on the waiting list. No payment will be collected at that time.
- When space becomes available groups or additions on the waiting list will be contacted and given the opportunity to submit payment (deposit if more than 21 days prior to the start of the event, full payment if less).
- Pricing for persons being added to an event from the waiting list will be based on when they were added to the waiting list relative to the start date of the event according to the terms herein.
- Persons or groups being added to an event from the waiting list will have a minimum of 48 hours to process online or post-mark full payment for the additional space without Late Fees unless the additions were originally placed on the waiting list less than 21 days prior to the start of the event. This is the only situation where the post-mark date will be used as a determining factor of timing.
- In response to a growing number of venues that require the names of all individuals attending an event ahead of time, prior to your event you will be asked to complete a housing roster for your group. We will contact you approximately 21 days prior to the event with instructions. Your timely completion of the roster will enable us to complete the housing assignment process and speed your arrival process on campus.
- In order to efficiently prepare housing for each group, the total males and total females registered with each group shall be considered final as of 21 days prior to the event.
- It is the responsibility of the group leader to notify MIX of any changes to the number of males or females at least 21 days prior to the event.
- Any changes to the total males or total females less than 21 days prior to the event will result in a $50 fee being added to the group’s total balance – this is a per occurrence fee, not per person – and is referred to as a Housing Adjustment Fee.
- The Housing Adjustment Fee will not be charged if the group is adding to its total registration count for the event, only if the number of males or females increases while the total number remains the same or decreases.
In the rare instance that inclement weather is forecast to impact an event, the following will apply:
- No refunds will be issued for groups that do not attend an event that is held on the scheduled dates in the scheduled location.
- Christ In Youth will make every effort to hold all events as scheduled and will communicate with registered groups if there are changes to the schedule. Group leaders along with church leadership are responsible for making appropriate determinations about the safety of travelling to an event location.
- Unless required by government agencies or venue closure, Christ In Youth will not terminate an event once it begins. If an event must be terminated because of a government action or venue closure, CIY will not refund registration fees for the event.
- If, prior to beginning, an event is cancelled or rescheduled, registered groups will be given the option to attend a rescheduled date, transfer to another location on the same tour or receive a refund of their registration fees. CIY is not responsible for any expenses the church may incur outside of registration costs paid to CIY.
Other Terms & Conditions
- If an attendee must arrive late or leave early the registration price will be half of the available price (at the time the person is registered) if the attendee will be at the event less than 2 nights. If the attendee will be at the event 2 or more nights the full price (based on available pricing at the time of registration) will be charged.
- Any refunds due will be processed after the event at the offices of CIY. Refunds will not be paid at the event.
- MIX reserves the right to review the handling of each group’s registration following the event. If it is found that the group was charged too much or too little the account will be updated and an adjusted invoice/refund statement will be sent. Review of registration handling will be completed as quickly after the event concludes as possible, but may take up to 30 days for the church to receive updated billing.
- MIX is not currently offering any new church, first-time attendee, or other promotional discounts.
- Groups are required to bring a minimum of 1 adult for every 8 students attending MIX. In addition, groups must have at least 1 male and 1 female adult if they are bringing both male and female students to the event.
- Children 6+ years old attending with a parent must be housed with the parent/guardian of the same sex. Children 5 & under may be housed with a parent/guardian of either sex.
- A validly completed CIY Discipline, Liability, and Medical Release form is required for everyone attending MIX. A parent or guardian must sign for everyone under 18. Release forms are completed electronically.
- Some states or campuses may require paperwork, background checks, and/or training beyond what MIX normally requires. Any additional requirements for the event you choose will be communicated to you, but will be at your expense (if any). Adults or students who fail to complete requirements will not be allowed to attend the event. It is the group leader’s responsibility to ensure that everyone attending with his/her group has completed stated requirements for release forms, background checks, training, etc. prior to arrival.
Filming at MIX
We recognize the importance of capturing portions of your group’s experience at MIX, we welcome you to record the activities of your group during the weekend. In that regard, the following guidelines shall apply:
- No lights or flashes can be used during main sessions.
- Students and adults are asked to stay in their seating areas and should not approach the stage in a disruptive way.
- MIX reserves the right to ask you to stop filming at any time if we feel that the filming is disrupting the experience of others or places you or others in danger.
- Out of respect for the artists on tour, MIX reserves the right to restrict recording of specific elements of the program via request from stage, in writing, or a tap on the shoulder.
- We encourage you to capture short segments of the program, but ask that you not attempt to record more than 1 minute of the program at a time or any of the film content that is displayed during the event. Any film or pictures recorded may not be sold or used in a product being sold.
- All filming is subject to any restrictions placed on recording by the venue for the event. This may include a ban on all recording. Details related to specific event locations can be provided upon request.