SuperStart! 2017-2018 Registration Policy
PLEASE NOTE THIS CHANGE FOR 2017-2018
Deposits for SuperStart are now non-refundable. In an effort to help ensure as many people as possible are able to attend the SuperStart event of their choice, SuperStart will no longer refund deposits. Previously deposits were refundable until the 30 Day deadline, this will no longer be the case. If a group registers 25, then drops that total to 20 the $25/person deposit for the 5 spots that are being released will be forfeited (i.e. not applied to the remaining balance for the group). Price point deadlines as well as full payment deadlines and policies will remain the same.
Tour Schedule and Important Dates
|Event||Dates||City||Venue||30 Day Deadline||14 Day Deadline|
|MO||Oct 6-7||St. Louis||Harvester Christian Church||9/6/17||9/22/17|
|GA||Oct 20-21||Atlanta||Cross Pointe Church||9/20/17||10/6/17|
|AZ||Nov 3-4||Phoenix||The Bridge at Chandler Christian Church||10/4/17||10/20/17|
|KY||Nov 10-11||Louisville (New Albany, IN)||Northside Christian Church||10/11/17||10/30/17|
|FL||Jan 26-27||Orlando||Lifebridge Christian Church||1/10/18||1/19/18|
|TX1||Feb 2-3||Dallas||Crossroads Christian Church||1/10/18||1/19/18|
|TX2||Feb 9-10||Houston||Houston's First Baptist Church||1/10/18||1/26/18|
|OK||Feb 16-17||Tulsa||The Mabee Center at ORU||1/17/18||2/2/18|
|IN||Mar 2-3||Indianapolis||Traders Point Christian Church||1/31/18||2/16/18|
|IL1||Mar 9-10||Bloomington||Eastview Christian Church||2/7/18||2/23/18|
|OH||Mar 16-17||Cincinnati (Covington, KY)||The Northern Kentucky Convention Center||2/14/18||3/2/18|
|IL2||Apr 13-14||Chicago||Community Christian Church - Yellowbox||3/14/18||3/30/18|
- 30 days or more before the event: $50, (Early Price), Adults- $35
- 14 days or more before the event: $55, (Regular Price), Adults- $35
- Less than 14 days before the event: $60. (Late Price), Adults- $35
How To Register:
All registrations are processed online. Payment can be made by credit card online or by selecting “Mail Check” as the payment option and sending a check to CIY – see address below – within 7 days.
If mailing a check payment, please make payable to Christ In Youth and send to:
Christ In Youth
PO Box B
Joplin, MO 64802
SuperStart! cannot accept multiple personal checks from parents for registration deposits or final payment. Checks must come from the church/organization or one personal check per payment.
- 30 day deadlines – for price – fall on Wednesday, 4 weeks and 2 days prior to the event.
- 14 day deadlines – for price and balance payments – fall on Friday, two weeks prior to the event.
Deposits & Cancellations:
A deposit of $25 per person must be received in order to register for SuperStart!. Space will be held temporarily (7 calendar days) for those choosing “Mail Check” as their payment option, but will be cancelled if the deposit(s) is/are not received within 7 days.
Deposits are non-refundable, cannot be applied to the group balance, transferred to another group or future event. If a specific student cannot attend, that spot can be filled with another student or adult from your church.
Reduction of total count or complete cancellation will result in the forfeiture of the $25 deposit for each spot cancelled.
No refunds will be given for reduced registration totals or group cancellations less than 14 days before the event. Groups that have not paid in full, and then reduce space or cancel will be responsible for paying the full balance for all space reserved as of 14 days before the event.
Exchanges of Adult & Student Registrations:
Groups may exchange Adult & Student registrations at any time. When doing so the following will apply:
- When exchanging student spots for adult spots less than 14 days prior to the start of the event no refund shall be given for the difference in cost between student registration price and adult registration price – and any balance that has not been paid will remain due.
- When exchanging adult spots for student spots, the current rate (at the time of the exchange) for student registrations will be charged.
Balance Payment Deadline (14 days before the event):
All group balances are due in full 14 days prior to the start of the event. A $5/person late payment fee will apply for all groups/persons not paid in full by the payment deadline (14 days prior to the start of the event). For every $25 that remains outstanding after the 14 day deadline, one late fee of $5 will be added to the group balance. The maximum that a group would be charged is $5 x the number of attendees registered as of 14 days prior to the event if only deposits have been paid by the payment deadline.
Medical Release Forms
SuperStart! must receive an appropriately signed CIY Medical Release Form for everyone in attendance at SuperStart!. A parent or legal guardian must sign the form for anyone under 18. Only the CIY Medical Release Form is accepted. Neither adults nor students may remain at a SuperStart! event without a signed CIY Medical Release Form. These forms are now being completed electronically, access to the web form will be provided when the registration is processed. Electronically submitted forms do not have to be turned in at the event, but the church is responsible for carrying a copy during the event in case of emergency.
Groups are required to bring a minimum of 1 adult for every 5 students attending SuperStart!. In addition, groups must have at least 1 male and 1 female adult if they are bringing both male and female students to the event.
CIY strongly encourages churches to appropriately screen their adult leaders for the protection of the students. As such, every adult attending SuperStart! must be covered under one of the following:
1. Adult Background Check Verification Form – This is a single form signed by the group leader stating that every adult in attendance has had a national criminal & sex offender background check within the last 2 years, that the check did not show any felonies or crimes related to minors, and that the results of said checks are on file at the church.
2. Adult Disclaimer Form – Any adult not covered under the Background Check Verification form must fill out the Adult Disclaimer form which addresses the same range of issues listed above.
CIY reserves the right at its sole discretion to exclude from participation in any SuperStart! event adults who have criminal or sex offense charges/convictions in their past.
In the rare instance that inclement weather is forecast to impact an event, the following will apply:
- No refunds will be issued for groups that do not attend an event that is held on the scheduled dates in the scheduled location.
- Christ In Youth will make every effort to hold all events as scheduled and will communicate with registered groups if there are changes to the schedule. Group leaders along with church leadership are responsible for making appropriate determinations about the safety of travelling to an event location.
- Unless required by government agencies or venue closure, Christ In Youth will not terminate an event once it begins. If an event must be terminated because of a government action or venue closure, CIY will not refund registration fees for the event.
- If, prior to beginning, an event is cancelled or rescheduled, registered groups will be given the option to attend a rescheduled date, transfer to another location on the same tour or receive a refund of their registration fees. CIY is not responsible for any expenses the church may incur outside of registration costs paid to CIY.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Deposits Refundable?
No. Deposits are not refundable, cannot be applied to the group balance, transferred to another group or applied to a future event. A $25 deposit is required per person to register. You are welcome to fill an empty spot with another student or adult from your church.
When is my balance due?
Payment in full for all students and adults must be processed through online registration or received by check at the CIY address provided at least 14 days before the start of the event. Payment in full dates will fall on the Friday two weeks before the event.
How are Cancellations handled?
- If you reduce your total attendance count 14 or more days before the event, the $25 per person deposit will be retained by CIY.
- There will be no refunds for cancellations or reductions in total number made less than 14 days before to the event.
- Payment in full will be due for any cancellations made less than 14 days before the event whether or not payment in full has been made at the time of the cancellation(s). This applies to a reduction in the total count for the group or a group that must cancel its attendance entirely.
What are my options for payment?
Payments before the event can be processed online via credit card or by check mailed to the address below:
Christ In Youth
PO Box B
Joplin, MO 64802
Adding to an Existing Registration
Adding students and/or adults to your group is easy. Simply go online and register the additional students/adults. Log in as you did previously and choose the link to register for SuperStart!. When asked how many you’d like to register, ONLY REGISTER YOUR ADDITIONS, making sure that you put a zero in any fields where the quantity is zero. Your new registrations will be entered in at the current price point and filed with your previous registration information.
You are responsible for your own housing. You are not obligated to stay in the hotel where we set up the room block. See the date and location page for your event for hotel information. Please call the hotel and book your rooms by the cut-off date!
You are responsible for your own meals. The schedule allows time for your group to leave the venue, eat, and be back in time for each session. Expect to eat 4-6 meals depending on whether you stay 1 or 2 nights.
The SuperStart! Æffect Store will be open before and after each session. Items ranging in price from $1-$30 will be available for sale, including...ministry resources and more! Cash, checks and credit cards are accepted at the SuperStart! Æffect Store.
Filming at SuperStart!
We recognize the importance of capturing portions of your group’s experience at SuperStart!, we welcome you to record the activities of your group during the weekend. In that regard, the following guidelines shall apply:
- No lights or flashes can be used during main sessions.
- Students and adults are asked to stay in their seating areas and should not approach the stage in a disruptive way.
- SuperStart! reserves the right to ask you to stop filming at any time if we feel that the filming is disrupting the experience of others or places you or others in danger.
- Out of respect for the artists on tour, SuperStart! reserves the right to restrict recording of specific elements of the program via request from stage, in writing, or a tap on the shoulder.
- We encourage you to capture short segments of the program, but ask that you not attempt to record more than 30 seconds of the program at a time or any of the film content that is displayed during the event. Any film or pictures recorded may not be sold or used in a product being sold.
- All filming is subject to any restrictions placed on recording by the venue for the event. This may include a ban on all recording. Details related to specific event locations can be provided upon request.
We ask that you not post (via social media, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) any video/audio captured of the following:
- Worship – there are licensing issues with audio and video
- Program Elements – Specifically those that you would not have wanted your students to know about prior to the event.
- Video/Audio captured during main sessions should primarily be of your students experiencing the event, not of the event.
- You are responsible for obtaining permission from anyone whose image or likeness you capture prior to posting it or doing anything else with it. The permission granted to SuperStart! in that regard does not extend to event attendees capturing their own images and video.